Kamis, 04 April 2013

Fitness Friday| How to Squat| Get the perfect bum

 

Squats the difference between having a butt and having an ass

After the many positive responses to this weeks Wednesday’s Watch I thought I would stick with the topic of squats as they are a very loved but hated move. I myself have been working on gaining a perfect bum this week with my first Bootcamp session at Kendal Bootcamp (more on that later) and obviously by partaking in the Ultimate Squat Challenge that I shared with you all. As a result I am currently sitting here writing this with a very sore glutes, but no pain, no gain girls!

I saw the above image showing the muscles that squats use on my Bootcamp Coach’s Facebook page and thought I would share it with you as it really shows you how much of your body a simple squat works! It seems that everyone I know loves squats because they know that they are good for you, but hate them because after doing a few correctly performed deep squats you will start to feel that burn! Squats are actually one of the most effective exercises you can do… they are a big calorie burner! However you have to do them right to get the most out of them and also prevent injury, so here’s some tips for you.

Squat form how to do squats

  1. Stand with your head facing forward and your chest held up and out. Place your feet shoulder-width apart or slightly wider. Extend your hands out to keep your balance.
  2. Sit back and down like you’re sitting into an imaginary chair.  Keep your head facing forward and tilt forward from your waist. Keep your back straight and abs tight so you don’t round your back.
  3. Lower down so your thighs are as parallel to the floor as possible, with your knees over your ankles. Press your weight back into your heels.
  4. Keep your body tight, and push through your heels to bring yourself back to the starting position.

My biggest tip for squats it to try and fit them in throughout your day. They will soon add up and you will notice a difference quickly! I actually do squats while brushing my teeth and when making cups of tea at work (as long as there is no one else in the kitchen! ) I have notice a massive difference in the tone of my bum since I have started doing them daily.

Did you partake in the Ultimate Squat Challenge this week? Do you love or hate squats? Have you got any tips to share with others?

For even more motivational fitness and health pictures check out my Facebook Page and give it a like!

cantara-gym-bags-and-glad-rags_thumbDon’t forget to check out my  advertiser of the week Cantara from Gym Bags and Glad Rags. If you love my Fitness Friday’s you will enjoy her blog. A gorgeous girl who posts beauty, health and fitness.